The Stud Secretaries’and Stud Administration Course has been developed for secretaries new to the Thoroughbred breeding industry or anyone wishing to work in the role.
The course runs over 5 days with speakers from organisations such as the British Horseracing Authority, Weatherbys, and the Thoroughbred Breeders’ Association, covering a wide range of topics and giving an overview of all the areas a Stud Secretary would encounter.
- An overview of the racing and breeding industry
- Operations and procedures on a Stud Farm including foaling, covering and veterinary procedures
- Bloodstock registration
- Stud software
- Effective use of PR on the Stud Farm
- Health and Safety on the Stud Farm
- Stud administration including contracts and nomination agreements
- Bloodstock Sales procedures and the role of the bloodstock agent
- Stud accounts and managing staff
- The use of social media as a marketing tool
The next Stud Secretaries' and Stud Administration Course is 4th - 8th September 2017
See the downloads section for a registration form.
For details contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01638 675930.